How Much Judaica Was Stolen
and Where is it Today ?
Tens of Thousands of Torahs and megilahs.
Millions of books and manuscripts and religious texts.
Curtains, Embroderies, Paintings, Artwork and Items Adorning Synagogues.
Silver breastplates, crowns, kiddush cups, candelabra, pointers.
Last Known Location
In Belarus - Torahs, Rare Books, Megilahs, Manuscripts & Silver:
- National Library of Belarus (NBB)
- State Museum of History and Culture of Belarus in Minsk
- State Historical Archive
- Historical Museum of Mogileve
- Historical Museum of Vitebsk.
In Russia - Torahs, Rare Books, Megilahs, Religious Texts:
- Russian Ministry of Defense Central Archives
- Special (Osoby) Archive (TsGOA, TsKhIDK)
- Russian State Military Archive & State Historical Museum (GIM)
- Regional Scientific Library In Nizhny Novgorod
- Regional Library on the Volga
- Nizhny Novgorod Art Museum
In Poland - Torahs, Books, Silver, Ark Curtains & Synagogue Items: - Warsaw’s National Museum
- Krakow Historical Museum
- National Musuem in Kielc
- Historical Museum in Lodz
- Regional museums in Lublin, Nowy Sacz, Tarnow, Bialoystok,
Kazimierz Dolny, Rzeszow, Drohiczyn and Wlodawa
In Romania - Torahs, Jewish Books and manuscripts
In Ukraine - Torahs, Rare Books and Manuscripts
- National Vernadsky Library of Ukraine holds 150,000 books
and manuscripts dating to 16th Century
I'm a paragraph. Click here to add your own text and edit me. I’m a great place for you to tell a story and let your users know a little more about you.
All Photos on this page (except for the top right & top left) are protected by copyright laws and belong to The Jewish Heritage Foundation Inc. and Will Tizard of AskFilm.